TRAINING - OPERATIONS
MANAGEMENT - SALES
A hands-on creative problem solver, who inspires confidence, gets results, improves efficiency and reduces costs. Known for implementing effective programs using multi-product and multi-market background. Sensitive to customer needs to improve customer satisfaction. Successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously, handled rapid change easily and delivered results on time and within budget.
Supervision and Training
- Developed and managed national training program, reduced turnover by 50% and achieved sales goals.
- Completed Zenger-Miller Frontline Leadership Instructor certification.
- Wrote the textbook used for training.
- Revised inventory control system to insure compliance with Federal Trade direct mail regulations.
- Created problem-solving team and led team in development of solution.
- Led structuring of department, increased productivity by 40%.
- Project leader for the development of proprietary POS software.
Computer Skills/Data Analysis
- Reduced critical report presentation time from eight hours to two, saving $15K per year.
- Revised procedure for report generation, saved $100,000.
- Contract Consultant
1992 - Present
Per Diem consultant, standup trainer, financial and budget analyst. Clients include Fleet Bank, American Health Foundation and the F.D.I.C.
- Giant Audio Visual
Randolph, N.J. 2001 - 2004
Managed and supervised the daily operations and logistics of an audiovisual rental and staging company. Hired, trained and motivated staff and contract employees. Scheduled resources.
Norwalk, Orange & Manchester, CT. 1998 - 1999
Training Center Manager
Responsible for all aspects of business operations and management in three CompUSA training centers.
- Reader’s Digest Association, Inc.
Pleasantville, N.Y. 1992 - 1998
Supervisor, Inventory Systems
Hired, trained and motivated staff. Promoted from Finished Goods Inventory Specialist.
- Hertz Car Sales, The Hertz Corporation
Park Ridge, N.J. 1989 - 1992
Manager, Finance and Insurance Sales Training
Responsible for assessment and development of field sales and management personnel.
- Marine Midland Bank, N.A.
Buffalo, N.Y. 1986 - 1989
National Training Facilitator
Responsible for administration of training for field and corporate staff. Stand-up trainer for sales, negotiations, presentations, lease and loan products, regulatory issues.
- Mike Smith, Buick-Pontiac, Inc.
Lockport, N.Y. 1981 - 1986
Finance & Insurance Sales Manager
Responsible for sales of financial instruments, maintenance contracts and aftermarket accessories.
- State University of New York at Buffalo
BA, Chemistry, Minors: Education and Math
- Millard Fillmore College
Post-Graduate work at Millard Fillmore College in Accounting and Economics.
Dale Carnegie Course
Effective Speaking and Human Relations
- Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS)
Master Certification Office 97